Thursday, May 19, 2011

ROMANIAMAGUCHI
















Romania is a very good country to trade with and has top class etiquette. They don’t trade often and their business is reserved and formal, but they are very professional. They are a hierarchical culture and they build on respect and strong relationships with other countries first. Age and position are well respected, as well as older people who are viewed as wise. For dining you are expected to show up in office clothes, and user proper table manners. The relationship they have with the U.S. is building rapidly. Over the last three years, their top exports have been fertilizers, industrial machinery, automotive machinery, and household goods. Their top imports are coal, telecommunications, and drilling and oil field equipment. Until recently, Romania’s people have been denied high quality products. Now consumers are getting higher quality products from countries like the U.S., and people are really happy. The new companies forming in Romania today often have some link with foreign participation. 1 Romanian leu = 0.3466 US dollars

If I was to do business in Romania, and I was meeting with a business partner, I would start off very formally. Romanians expect meetings scheduled two to three weeks in advance, usually by letter. Romania has a very strict culture based society, so I would make sure I am very proper in my language and attitude. For the business matter, I might have to wait awhile just to negotiate a simple deal. They also appreciate honesty and strive to build trust relationships. When I am negotiating I will need to be as clear as possible, because Romanians want to be able to understand deals directly. When showing them my business card, I would make sure I have the back side translated into Romanian. If I have been in business for awhile I would include how long, because they like to see stability in companies. I wouldn’t take it too fast, because Romanian business people are pretty reserved and quiet. It is important to give it time and get a strong foundation going. Another thing I would keep in mind is eye contact. Romanians are very particular on eye contact, and might be displeased if you look away or glance off during a conversation.








No comments:

Post a Comment